St Paul, Pooley Bridge

Church Postcode: CA10 2NH

The church of St Paul, Pooley Bridge was built in the 1860’s as a daughter church of St Michael, Barton to serve the developing tourist trade in the village, which is situated at the north end of Ullswater. It became a separate parish in 1905 but has always maintained strong links with Barton.

Of all the churches in the benefice, St Paul’s is the only one situated within a   village. With four large caravan and camping sites within a mile, holiday population is often in the thousands although the resident population is well below 200.

With large numbers of families staying on local caravan and camping sites in the parish, especially during the summer, worship at St Paul’s is more informal than in any of the other parishes, with regular ‘Church4All’ services on the holiday weekends throughout the year

The village also hosts a mid-week fellowship and Bible study meeting for the  benefice and any visitors who care to attend.

Services are generally on the first and third Sundays each month at 10.00 a.m.

Please see the calendar for details.